Monday, June 11, 2012

Helen

Soul 8:
Helen and Phoebe
Helen and some of her Grandchildren

Helen has an incredible amount of faith in God.  She is someone very involved with her church, and is probably one of the most dedicated Christian woman I know.  My kids are so lucky to have her as grandma.  She has a heart of gold, and her opinion on this subject was really important to me. 
Here are her thoughts on her Soul's Purpose...

   "Thank you for an excellent and thought provoking question.  I needed time to really process it in the light of God's Word because my response apart from it would merely be an opinion, nothing more...

Some people are very clear as to their purpose.  I spent my life fending off circumstances/people that crowded in on me so only had a vague feeling that there should/would be more...Years of frustration, some highs, some lows, but nothing more.  Even when I first accepted Jesus as my Savior, I felt this life had passed me by...but, now more and more I know that nothing is impossible with God. I have realized  that while I  missed some of the opportunities He had for me--with God it is never too late. The Bible has plenty to  say on the subject, so when you sent your question I decided to do a brief study and have attached a scriptural back story of His promises and plans regarding the following:

We were created for a spiritual purpose, with eternity programed into out hearts--that's why intrinsically we know that death is wrong and resist it.  It is why we "can't get no satisfaction"--though we try and we try... we sense that there is a void in our lives that no amount of stuff can fill.  We wonder "Is this all there is?"

Good news!  God's plan for our lives is so much greater than anything we can even imagine...( "To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations". Revelation 2:26) but, because we go through life separated from God most of us have no idea that there even is a plan.


At this point of my life, I feel as though I am on my way--His Way--and while a specific purpose has not presented itself--I consider each day a gift and a new beginning to move forward in confidence that God is able to
"...do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to His power at work in us".  Ephesians 3:20"



 

No comments:

Post a Comment