Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Quentin

Soul 5:

Today was Quent's turn with my question, "What is your soul's purpose? He totally shocked me with his answer.  This question is proving to be a tough one for people to answer thus far.  He gave me a kind of OMG look and a deep breath.  He went on to say, "Well a lot of scientific evidence leads to..." My mouth fell open.   He is about to tell me he doesn't believe in the soul, but I stop him mid-sentence.

Me- Oh my goodness you don't think you have a soul?
Quent- Well I don't know science proves...?
Me- Do you believe in God?
Quent- Yes.
Me- Phew!

So I went on to quiz him with questions like:
Me- Do you believe in heaven?
Quent- Yes.
Me- Do you believe in reincarnation?
Quent- I think that is Buddhism mom.
Me- If you believe in heaven, what goes to heaven?  This made him stop and think! Yea!
Me- I think we need to go to church more.
Quent- I think we could all benefit from that.

So I told him I would get back to him in regards to this question of his soul's purpose.  He is just 15.  He has time to figure it all out.  At this point I just hope he realizes that along with his very smart scientific mind is a wonderfully bright soul.  A beautiful, sensitive, giving soul.  One of the soul's I love most in this world.   

No comments:

Post a Comment