Thursday, September 6, 2012

First Book

What did I do this week that was new? Well it was actually a pretty low-key week.  My kids were sick.  So I was home a lot.  No trips to the zoo to feed giraffes,  just a normal week.  So how can I fulfill this promise to myself to keep things Fresh this week?

Well, I finished my first book! Yes I wrote a fricken book! Granted anyone can write a book and publish it through Shutterfly or Apple. I know whatever. Here me out... I got this total spur of the moment desire to write a children's book.  I talked my sister-in-law into illustrating it.  Now I have just combined the pictures with the writing.  It looks so awesome.  I haven't told anyone I have been doing this. (My hubby knows! Duh!)  Probably for fear people would laugh! Just because I like to write most certainly does not make me a writer.

Here is the illustration for the cover!
Next is trying to get it published.  I owe it to my sister-in-law because her drawings are so beautiful! So their ya have it.  I wrote my first book! "Yea me", as Phoebe from Friends would say.

More about what this little nugget is about later... Wish me luck! Do you know any publishers?

No comments:

Post a Comment