Sunday, September 2, 2012

Friendships Blossom

Do you ever get social anxiety?  I do.  Which is weird because as a kid I didn't at all.  So why now?  I am a grown up after all.  I have nothing to be afraid of.  I know their are no monsters in the closets or under my bed. Right?  Please tell me I'm right! Still that voice in my head,  the one who likes to nag whispers things like; they aren't gonna like you! Icky I hate that voice!

We had new friends over for dinner last night.  The beginning of a new school year brought us all together.  It was an effort to bring our children together and form long and lasting friendships.  It is an added bonus for us grown up kids to make new friends!

I moved to my new house 2 years ago.  I had lived in the same city for most of my life.  So to come to a new place and start over was a bit of a growing experience for me.  I had a 2 yr old at the time.  My mom was having difficulty excepting my move, and I was lonely.

It is amazing how in 2 years everything could be so different now.  We have lots of new friends.  We know many in our neighborhood.  The friendships are new, but they are growing.  My kids are blossoming in their new surroundings.  I have been more of a late bloomer.  It has been the case my whole life.  With the exception of being boy crazy at way too young of an age!  I am feeling blessed to have these new friendships starting to grow.  Although I get very anxiety filled having new people to my home, I am always happy that I did it.  I know people who don't get social anxiety are probably saying huh? If you get nervous around people like me then you understand.  I have to nudge myself to stay in the social game.  I am an introvert at heart, who desperately pushes myself and family to be more extroverted.

Coincidentally at church this was that very subject last week.  I am thankful for my new friends, and my children's new friends.  It makes me smile and feel very blessed.

Ecclesiastes 5:3
The Value Of a Friend
9 Two is better than one,
    Because they have a good reward for their labor.
10 For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
    But woe to him who is alone when he falls.
    For he has no one to help him up.
11Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm;
    But how can one be warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.
    And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Above was what the pastor based his sermon on last week.  It touched my soul and spoke to me.  I like that! I can't believe I am quoting the Bible! My mother in law would be so proud. Seriously.




No comments:

Post a Comment