Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Brooke

My 4 yr old took this pic! I think he may have a future in Photography!
Soul 11:
As I attempt to organize my blog, and give you things to count on each week. Wednesday's are now going to be devoted to the soulful people who are willing to tell me about their "Soul's Purpose."

Monday: My Ah ha's
Wednesday: Soulful
Friday: Fresh and New Experiences

I decided to get brave and start asking people the question yet again, "What is your soul's purpose?"  I stopped asking after my tenth person because it just got too embarrassing seeing people look at me like I was a little cuckoo! The thing is I have decided I don't mind people thinking I am a little silly.  I am willing to own it.  If that means people will start answering my dang question!! I love hearing the responses people have given me.  Even if it is "I have no idea what my soul's purpose it!".  Actually I am shocked by the number of people who simply say I haven't ever given it any thought, but that is OK! Just tell me why you haven't given it much thought.

The lights of my life!
I have always felt like I was put on this earth for a significant reason, and have always felt a lot of curiosity to what I was created for.  Certain things that I know I was put here to do like being a mom is obvious to me.  I wanted to be a mom from the time I was a little girl.  I envisioned what my family would look like.  I thought I would have 2 boys and a girl, and I did!  I feel incredibly blessed to have that be part of my purpose.  My children teach me about myself everyday.  They push me to be a better person.

I know I was here to be Andrew's wife.  He shows me how to be the type of person I want to be.  I love that he teaches me how to be thoughtful, tender,giving and in touch with my emotions.  I have seen the value of forgiveness through him. I feel unconditional love for him and he for me. 

Lately, I have been blogging about my issues I have with Premature Ovarian Failure. It dawned on my that one of my soul purposes could be to help others navigate here in Hormonal Ville. I figure it is something that I have to deal with on a daily bases, and I would start doing some reflecting on the topic.  It may help someone along the way, and at the very least give me something to help me keep track of the experience.  If everyone shared their unique lives we would all benefit where we needed to.  Not, many won't have POF, but every woman will go through menopause.  That is essentially what POF does to your body.  So while many can't relate yet, it is something all women have in common. So why not be open and help each other out? Check it out: www.hormonesos.blogspot.com

For now I wait for The Soulful to step forward and share with me their thoughts on soul purpose...
Don't make me wait too long! Pretty Please! Pretty please with sugar on top!  I will bake you cookies.  Does that help?

No comments:

Post a Comment